You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-14 15:43:07

ayland456

Do I need to pack my files before uploading with beamer?

Hi guys I just have a questions about uploading on beamer Do I need to pack my files before i upload? I would really appreciate a reply

-ayland

#2 2016-11-14 21:15:10

darek
Developer

Re: Do I need to pack my files before uploading with beamer?

Hi,

No, you do not need to pack the files before upload, renderBeamer has in-built compression.

Also our 3D software plugins handle the preparing of files, so all you need to do is open the scene in your 3D software and run our plugin.

If you have 3D software for which we do not have plugin yet then you can send the project using add directory, no packing needed.

You can check out one of our tutorials for your 3D software here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEHryx … H7Q/videos

#3 2016-11-15 04:03:04

ayland456

Thank you for the reply i will take note of that How about the assets? Do i need to make sure that they are in folder beside the scene?

-ayland

#4 2016-11-18 10:07:24

Mike
Administrator

Hi.
Generally, assets setup depends on used software and kind of used assets.

For eg. 3DMax is using asset tracking (available under shift+t shortcut) for paths. In 3DMax asset tracker you can have relative/absolutive paths to your textures, caches and x-refs.
Our 3DMax plugin will handle every kind of path-links options. It will just copy all assets and change paths in uploaded scene.

We recommend to do not have missing assets or caches, however if you got some of this, you can just skip them while uploading project (our plugin is checking for missings as well, and shows window with option to ignore missings and continue with the process),

Every 3D app handles assets tracking with different solution, but all of our plugins are making good job with relinking so no matter what is used - 3DMax, Maya, Modo, Lightwave, Blender or Cinema4D - we will relink them and upload with the project smile

Board footer