You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-23 09:26:50

admin
Administrator

renderBeamer FAQ

INDEX - list of the Q & A in this topic:
  1. What is renderBeamer?

2. How can I check rendered frames?

3. How to stop renderBeamer downloading frames I dont need anymore?

4. Does renderBeamer upload all assets again?

5. How can I test my connection with farm?

6. renderBeamer settings

7. How to fix retries?

8. renderBeamer is uploading/downloading my files too slow, my internet connection is faster!

9. renderBeamer can't get updated or download new plugin version

---

1. What is renderBeamer?

RenderBeamer is our in-house developed desktop app designed for fast, multithreaded uploads and downloads. It is a standalone app that works in conjunction with our plugins and web dashboard. All of those three components make a complete package. However, renderBeamer can be used in isolation as mere uploader when there's a need for custom uploads.

How to use renderBeamer Standalone

• Download it from GF.NET Web Manager and install it

• Start it up from the desktop shortcut and sign in with your account credentials

• You can upload either individual files or entire folders - use 'Add file' or 'Add directory'

• Note that RenderBeamer is designed to be an uploader and downloader only, it doesn't prepare scenes to be compatible with our farm. Our 3D app plugins do that.

Windows download link:
   https://garage.farm/tools/win/download.php?app=beamer
   Mac download link:
   https://garage.farm/tools/osx/download.php?app=beamer

2. How can I check rendered frames?

You can check the frames that have been rendered by downloading them to your computer. RenderBeamer downloads frames automatically just as they finish rendering unless you turned off auto-download in the settings. So fundamentally, the only thing you need to make sure is to properly set the download location in renderBeamer's settings.

Beamer_download.png

3. How to stop renderBeamer downloading frames I dont need anymore?

The RenderBeamer downloads all the renders from your WebManager jobs which are not present in the download folder you set in RenderBeamer settings.

If you move or delete your renders from your download folder, RenderBeamer will keep checking the renders in your folder on our farm's cloud drive and download those, which are not present in the download folder on your computer.

If you want to avoid that, you can turn off "auto download" option in RenderBeamer settings, so the Beamer won't try to download all the renders automatically. If the download is in progress, you can click "cancel all" button, to stop the download.

If you are sure that the frames are correct and you will not need to rerender them, please just archive the job in Web Manager, so the Beamer won't download them again, even if they are not present in your download folder anymore.

4. Does renderBeamer upload all assets again?

renderBeamer is automatically detecting which assets are already uploaded (by checking unique checksum for each file), and if you are using same project directory, then only new/modified assets are uploaded. Even if it's different scene, but it's sharing same project directory with already uploaded scene then everything will work fine.

*please note that renderBeamer will gather all assets in temporary directory again, but that's expected behavior. It's necessary to synchronize all data with our cloud.

5. How can I test my connection with farm?

If renderBeamer fails to upload your project, it is likely that there are some issues with your internet connection.

We have created a connection tester that allows you to check if connection with our farm is working fine on your side.

Please check the image below to see how to make the test:

FluxBB bbcode Code

What does it mean?

All green - everything works fine, there shouldn't be any problems with uploading your project

Some fields are red - please don't panic, check your internet connection, your firewall and try to run the test again.
If it fails again or the ping is too high (few seconds or above) it is still possible to use our software, please check do NOT upload option.

Download is green but others red - our app may not successfully upload your project, but frames still will be automatically downloaded

6. renderBeamer settings

renderBeamer uses three parameters to establish fast and responsive connection with our servers:

• upload queue size -  the number of buffered, compressed data chunks that are ready to be uploaded. It's basically a buffer between reading / compressing the data from your drive and uploading it. This enhances performance at the cost of RAM usage.

• upload threads limit - the number of logical upload connections to our server

• download threads limit - the number of logical download connections to our server

• download directory - the path on your local PC where all rendered frames are saved

• do NOT upload - an option to prepare scene package without uploading it using renderBeamer, please check this thread for more details

• auto download - here you can switch between automatically downloading frames or manually by checking the download list and downloading only selected jobs 

The default settings should work fine in most cases, but if you would have any issues with uploading/downloading files, please check next paragraph.

7. How to fix retries?

renderBeamer uses multiple connections to our farm to speed up downloading and uploading process. Unfortunately, sometimes the default settings are not the best for every internet connection. If you are getting connection retries in renderBeamer main window, please try to lower the upload or download threads in renderBeamer settings.

At first, please reduce them two times, for example, the default number of upload threads is 10 so please set it to 5 and try again uploading/downloading.
In case you are still having troubles, please try to lower them even more.

FluxBB bbcode Code

8. renderBeamer is uploading/downloading my files too slow, my internet connection is faster!

Please note that renderBeamer uses bytes not bits to display transfer speed. For example, if you have 10 Mb/s (megabits per second) internet connection then max speed in bytes will be 1.25MB/s (megabytes per second). 1 MB/s = 8 Mb/s

It is possible to increase your upload or download speed by adjusting upload or download threads in renderBeamer settings. Please change them a little bit and test if the connection is stable (you're not getting retries). Hopefully, that will help with the transfer speeds.

9. renderBeamer can't get updated or download new plugin version

In most cases it's related to connection problems with our update server. Please try to test your connection (as described in 5th point), and if there's a problem with connecting with our update server, please check your firewall (as described in this thread)

If the problem persists please contact our support team.

Version 004

Last edited by admin (2017-04-08 07:18:44)

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer