You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-10 18:23:24

Mickey

Preparing a scene for rendering

When rendering, it is pretty normal that something goes wrong, but if you follow these simple rules you increase your odds of avoiding issues by quite a margin.

• Scene file -  it should be saved in .max format in versions between 2014 and the latest

• XRefs - we do support them, however, there can be issues with xrefs and network rendering so we recommend merging all xrefs into the main scene

• Project folder - it's best to use it, if not, it's good to make  \Assets\ folder and relink all textures, vrmeshes and other assets there.

• There should be no missing assets in the scene. Every missing asset will increase job render time and can cause problems with rendering. If there are some assets which have "missing" status in 3ds Max asset tracking and can be ignored during rendering process, please delete paths to them or just use "ignore missing" option when using our plugin

• Animated textures - animation files (avi/mp4/etc) are not a valid option for animated textures, also .mov files cannot be used. Please make it a frame sequence (jpg\png or so) and connect as an image sequence. You can use ".ifl" sequence in 3ds Max

• GI setup - should be prepared for multiple machines rendering. If you are not sure about GI setup, please check our YouTube tutorials or contact us

• Plugins - we support quite a lot of 3ds Max plugins, however, if you are using some untypical add-on, we may need some time to run a test with the plugin & our network rendering system. Also, we check for plugins used in the scene and compare them with our system. In the case when we don't support some plugins, you will be informed about it automatically upon project submission

• Outputs - they need to be configured the same way as rendering on a local machine. This includes 3ds Max main output, VRay frame buffer, VRay RAW image, Corona & Mental Ray outputs and render elements

• Switches - Distributed rendering, Low thread priority, and Render region - should be off

• Multiple cameras in one scene - this set up is supported

• Scene name and output paths should not contain any non-standard characters like / \ " % # ? or language specific non-ASCII characters like Cyrillic or Korean alphabet. If your scene contains such characters, it's always best to change them. If our plugin detects any special characters, it will transform them to "_" including output paths

Remember that we are here to help you so if you are not sure about something or need help, just ask us!

Version 005

Last edited by Mike (2017-02-14 10:05:03)

#2 2016-08-13 11:40:02

KeithM2016

Re: Preparing a scene for rendering

Hi Mickey,
Getting a bit lost as to how all this works.I have 1 file with 5 cameras.4 cameras to be animated for 300 frames, 1 camera to be animated for 600 frames.

Do I need to upload the file 5 times?Or is there something I have to do in 3ds max so I only upload the file once?

File size is approx 300 mb+ textures.
I'm on a wifi link so it takes some time to upload (over an hour right now and its stuck at 80% ( Piotr tells me this is the unpacking stage on your side)
All advice and knowledge appreciated.

K

#3 2016-10-27 11:19:55

darek
Developer

Re: Preparing a scene for rendering

KeithM2016 wrote:

Hi Mickey,
Getting a bit lost as to how all this works.I have 1 file with 5 cameras.4 cameras to be animated for 300 frames, 1 camera to be animated for 600 frames.

Do I need to upload the file 5 times?Or is there something I have to do in 3ds max so I only upload the file once?

File size is approx 300 mb+ textures.
I'm on a wifi link so it takes some time to upload (over an hour right now and its stuck at 80% ( Piotr tells me this is the unpacking stage on your side)
All advice and knowledge appreciated.

K

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, in this case you should set the camera that you want to render and submit the scene, so that means you need to submit the scene 5 times (each time with a different camera) , when uploading that scene multiple times only the scene file will be uploaded, all assets like textures etc that are already uploaded will not upload again.

To avoid sending the scene multiple times for each camera, you could upload the scene only once and ask us to change the cameras in the scene on our side.

When the upload reaches 80% its either still uploading or extracting, you can see that on beamer interface. If you think it takes too long please feel free to ask so we can check the progress on the server side.

I hope this advice is still helpful, and please remember you can get a reply much sooner if you ask us on our chat on Skype.

Cheers!

Board footer